Roll Call: Introduce Yourself & Your Current Projects

Hey everyone, welcome to the Town Square. I figure since I helped get this digital porch set up, I should probably be the first one to pull up a chair.

I’m Brandon. I spend my week out here in the Valley living the camper life, usually tinkering with digital infrastructure, off-grid projects, solar setups, or various microcontroller and programming projects.

I wanted to get this platform off the ground so we could have a solid, private place to coordinate community efforts and just talk to our neighbors without all the social media noise.

So, who’s next? Drop a reply below and say hello:

  1. What part of the county are you in?

  2. How long have you been out here?

  3. What’s your current project? (Building an earthship, fighting with a well permit, fixing a tractor—let’s hear it!)

Glad to have you all here. Jump in!

1 Like

Brandon, thank you for helping get this digital porch set up. I think every healthy community needs more than one good gathering place, and I appreciate the spirit behind this.

My name is Mark Jamison. I own property in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches area, and I have been learning more and more about what it really means to own, plan, build, and care for land in this part of Costilla County.

I also created the Facebook group Sangre de Cristo Ranches (Community) Facebook group for a very similar reason: to give people a place to learn, ask questions, share practical information, and build community without getting lost in the noise, division, or confusion that often comes with social media.

This region is beautiful, but it is also full of realities people do not always understand until they are already in the middle of them: access, road conditions, water, septic, permits, power, off-grid systems, weather, fire mitigation, land expectations, property maintenance, and the difference between what a parcel looks like online and what it actually requires in real life.

My current project is preparing to begin work on my own property while also continuing to build a useful knowledge base for landowners, future residents, visitors, and neighbors. I am especially interested in responsible land stewardship, practical building preparation, road access, water planning, fire awareness, and helping people make informed decisions before they spend money or get overwhelmed.

I believe efforts like this Town Square and community spaces like Sangre de Cristo Ranches (Community) Facebook group can complement each other well. The more people have access to honest, useful, neighbor-to-neighbor information, the stronger the whole community becomes.

Glad to be here, and I look forward to learning from others, sharing what I can, and meeting more of the people who care about this region.

1 Like